Friday, August 30, 2013

Week Five / I am part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed

Today, Holly told me this was her new Motto (words to live by Yanni).

"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made--I am a disciple of His. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, worldly-talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean in His presence, walk by patience, am uplifted by prayer and I labor with power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, hired away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the enemy, pander at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, give up till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He comes my banner will be clear!

I must go 'til he comes. Give 'til I drop. Preach 'til all know. And work 'til he stops me and when he returns for his own he will have no problem recognizing me. My
banner will be clear."

--Dr Bob Moorhead, in Words Aptly Spoken
Companion, Holly, Roommates

My heart is full. I first off want to thank Sister Richardson and Aunt Janis for their little notes and for all those who write me. I don't know what I would do with out you. It is so good to hear that the family is doing well and that school has finally started! Mom, you gave me the best muffins in the world. I am digging them so much.
Okay so on every Tuesday we have a devotional at the Marriott Center and they are always so uplifting! When we had to walk back to the MTC the rain was coming down like no other. It was seriously the best night ever. We were soaking wet when we got back to our classes! Everyone could of been looking down and feeling all sorry for ourselves, but we were all looking up and just dancing in the rain. After which we had a testimony meeting with our fellow districts. When we got up a puddle would be on our chairs, but the spirit was so strong! I love the MTC and I love BEING A MISSIONARY!
A lot of our zone is leaving this week and than on comes the Goldies. I am more than happy to see all the new missionaries and host a welcome to the new sisters. It is such a great opportunity to strengthen and grow off the old but as well as the new missionaries that come in. 
The lessons for our investigators have been way awesome. Before we knock on the door we say a prayer and take a deep breath and knock on that door! It's amazing how much we know and we don't even realize it.  The language is so humorous at points because our sentences have to be in Yoda form. Which makes me happy, I wish I could do Yoda's voice. This is when I need you dad!  

On Wednesday the new missionaries came in and me and my companion sat there and waited for them to rush in. I saw Elder Beard right away and welcomed him. He seems to be doing really well! I am so happy I get to see all these missionaries coming in from my ward! It's the best! The work here is so great and I can't believe time is flying! Soon I will be in Slovenia! It's the best feeling in the world.

I noticed here at the MTC it's a lot like looking at a mirror. You get to see all your strengths... But also a lot of what we need to be working on. It's tough at points and sometimes we get discouraged but we must always remember that if the Lord asks you. It means he already knows you can do it. Do you have enough faith to trust in Him? To give your all  to the Lord and trust in him with your success. It doesn't mean isn't going to be hard. Why does the Lord expect hard things out of us?

Obstacles= opportunities to become. 
Hard opportunities= Great chances to over come. 
Great chances= to become like Him. 

Great. We can always ask for help, we (Elder L. and Sestra B.) always ask for it before going to something like TRC or teaching. Than afterwards we give a prayer of thanks. It's incredible to see how much we are becoming. I love to watch my companions grow and I notice after we are done with a lesson or something we head back to our classroom just jumping around and dancing. This is what the work is about. The Lord is the best Master ever, I am so glad I get to serve him. 

What does the scriptures teach us about God's character? That He longs to be close to His Children. He wants so badly to help us, we just have to ask. "We are weak but thou art strong." How much those words get to me... We are human and beginners and fall down sometimes. In Alma 31:6 it talks about all these people God saved. It was people that had been rebellious and the vilest of sinners... People you think would never even have a chance. But they turned around and changed. They became the best of missionaries, the people who we look up to in the scriptures. My favorite miracle is God's Grace and the conversion of a human soul. How many times do we falter or mess up, but God always has opened arms and always willing to bring us back into his fold. We are always welcomed because we are already there. He knows us and trusts us. I feel like it's about us trusting in him and really in our selves. Recongizing we are worth it and we already made it. But we must prove it but showing where our heart is. We always have a chance. We can always turn around and come back home to Him. 

I love you all so much. And pray for you every day. Thank you for being amazing.

Love, 

Sestra Cuthbert


I forgot one more thing for you all.... Everyone....

Want to know a cool word? It's "se doplonjevati" meaning: to supplement; to complement; to complete; to make up a deficiency. 

I love that... You can use that for saying the bible and book of Mormon do that very thing. But  I also look at it as... you my family complete me. or You and dad. It's a beautiful word full of meaning. Anyway. Love you. Come what may and love it. Always walk forward and realize that the future is  bright. To love with all you got and you will find your final everlasting happiness.

Love,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment