Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 12 / "I am the King of the Bus"

Dober Dan Mom!

Holy cow! Zion's National Park looks absolutely stunning! All of you look like you had an amazing time! I love it. You will have to take me there sometime? Parker of course is the entertainer and Ivy is looking so much older! Ahh! I am really taken back how you all are so beautiful though. It's great to hear you are all so well. I really can't wait to get to spend time with you and get to know you all over again. I seriously love you way too much. If too much is even possible! Never enough! 
This week has been very fast and busy.

Celja, Slovenia

On Monday for P-day we were wanting to go to Celja for a celebration for my awesome companion's Birthday but we had missed the early train. So we decided to hit up the city and it's thrift shops. It was hilarious and Sister P and I are planning on getting a ugly sweater for Christmas. It's a done deal. We also had Kebabs and ice cream which actually tasted amazing! It was really more of a relaxing p-day and just getting all the little things done. That night we had Family Home Evening and I gave the spiritual thought. I really am starting to feel more and more comfortable with the language. Not saying I am pro by all means, but rather I am getting there. When I was buying something one time this week I told the cashier, "muchas gracias". I was like wait... I mean, "hvala lepa, ne spancina!" The cash register guy was just laughing his head off. I feel like I am understanding better than actually speaking but it's the best to learn such a beautiful language. I was on the back of the bus and it's higher than all the other seats and you feel like royalty back there. I yelled out, "I am the king of the bus" in Slovene. It is funny how just being open and showing you are having a good time really gets people to turn around and want to talk to you. What makes us so happy? Well... Glad you ask. .. It's this gospel! This gospel of Jesus Christ, knowing I am a child of God. That makes me happy, and hopeful.

I did exchanges this week with Sister L in Celija. It was weird being away from my part of Slovenia. It's like my home! And away from Sister P... I love that girl! But Sister L was hilarious and we were like two peas in a pod. We went street contacting (first time fully in to it) She started off doing it first to show me the ropes and next it was my turn - but before she could say go and.... I was already off contacting some lady. I love the old school missionary work. It was so fun to contact literally everyone and hand out Books of Mormon. We went to Mickey d's and it was actually pretty good. Sister L loves that place so we got kids meals. We taught some lessons and hung out with the elders to did service by fixing a back porch and cutting and canning pears. Sister L was joking around the whole time and we were really just having a hilarious time. We went and got palachika, slovene pancakes that... I swear are crepes... But they say oh no! Hah! It was super good and I got to witness Elder B and Elder L bless an investigator's son and it was so cool to watch the priesthood being used and the spirit was so strong. I really love the missionaries here in Slovenia, we really are just a big big family. And the people... Oh the people you really can't get enough of. It's so fun to see them and teach them. The members are so sweet and such examples to non members. You can tell the difference in how happy they are and people notice that too. The members are the teachers and they really our extraordinary. Although, small right now I know that it will progress because of them. They are great. Anyway Sister L and I had the most awesome time, but it was so nice to hug and see my trainer again. I call her my mamasita  because she is my trainer. And Sister L is my  grandma she said because she trained Sister P. It's really weird but we all our family. Seriously.


When I got home back with Sister P we ran to an appointment with an investigator. Apparently she was really stubborn and would not pray or participate but we bore testimony and explained how God can help bless and strengthen her weaknesses, to not fear but be hopeful and she wanted to pray and let us come back and it was amazing! Sestra P and I were so pumped to have her progressing and letting the spirit teach her. We whipped out the scriputures and both were thinking of the same one to share. That's when we know for sure the spirit is really there with us. How can we deny it? It keeps on happening with us, thinking of the same thing and we know we have to act on it if we both are feeling it. It's so incredible and it's those little miracles that bear witness to me how much Heavenly Father knows us personally, knows what we need and he will grant us and show us the way if we truly desire and look for it.


We had English Class which is two times a week and it's literally the funniest thing because we are all just so close with the people and they always cheer after we talk in Slovene and are way too nice saying we are amazing. But... most importantly it's amazing because we are talking about this gospel and the spirit is so apparent. They all say they just feel happier and always stay for the spiritual thoughts.


We have met some crazy people and some guy walking around with a huge bag. We just started talking to him and he brings his bag out in front and started opening it - I was a little worried what would be in there but it was all these berries. And he was just so excited to have just picked them because he was going to make tea. And then he went off about the mafia and Pres Kennedy. Ya, people are really random here. Love them though.


We went to this cute old ladies house this week. She had a bunch of goats and I swear they were looking in my soul... They would just stare and stare. But she was hilarious and cute. And gave us a very very old dress and it's so funny looking we will send a picture when we wear it!


One night we wanted Chocolate so bad after a lesson with a member so we ran to the store and each bought two chocolate milche bars. Best night ever.


Last Sunday night we met up with a lady that lives by our apartment and she was so interested in us that she looked "mormons" up online and we taught her about the Book of Mormon and how we pray, she was eating it up and asked for us to come back again.!! Which was awesome!! 


On Sunday we traveled to Ljubljana and went to district conference for all of our little branches in Slovenia where Pres. Rowe came and was there and shared some amazing words and just pumped up the members to be able to stand up and be the light to others in this church and without it. It was great listening and seeing the excitement but also seeing how much they looked all up to President Rowe.
We live in a world that craves the sun. We all have a light, and we all shine. We are all striving to be the brightest we can be, we need to let our rays dance on others. let our beams light the way. We crave what we already have. Let us realize we are the suns (sons, daughters)  we are the warmth, the gleam, the silver lining.

"We are commanded to be the light to these people" - President Rowe said. "We are commanded to be happy!"

How do we let our light so shine though? Share... Be happy, keep commandments. Read the Book of Mormon not only in the home but out in public. And people will ask what you are reading and you simply say the best book in the world! It helps me be happy. Let people know we are members of the church. Simply let our light shine through the small things. Pray for others. Love at home is not just enough in "our" homes but others as well. I love this Gospel because it shows how to be selfless.  Once you have the joy and the happiness of this gospel you cannot keep it all to yourself,  you must share it. Don't we want others to be happy, too? 


I simply love this quote we saw on the wall of a building and it just said, "Shout, I LOVE YOU!"  I love that. We must shout to let everyone hear, everyone to know they are loved! so... I LOVE YOU ALL! I am praying for you. Go out and tell someone you love them. I sure will.
This gospel and you as my family help me feel whole. Helps me be happy and I don't know what I would do without it... Without you. Thank you.


Love LOVE LOVE you,
Sestra Cuthbert

No comments:

Post a Comment