Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 37 / Never Give UP

 Dear Family,

We have been really trying hard to get our investigators to church and this week I woke up and thought this is it.... We are doing this. I am going to do whatever it takes to get these people to church. It's time! I called one of our investigators and talked on the phone for a good while. This investigator loves the bible and I began to express how beautiful that was and how great it would be to hear those prophets
profess truth here today. She agreed whole heartily and I began to tell her of our living prophet today. She then asked if she could hear the prophet speak. I told her of General Conference and she promised she would come. The next day I was going around the church looking out the window. When it was turning for the hour to hit for conference I still had hope. I glanced one more time before sitting down and there she was coming into the church! She loved the conference and our other investigator was thoroughly impressed and stayed for 6 hours. This is a beautiful success I believe.

We got to teach YW's last week and it felt great being back with these little ones. Of course I was telling stories and making sure that the girls felt comfortable. I miss teaching and being with my little
beehives. It was good to experience that here in Slovenia.

Kranj
Kranj
Last P-day I was in Kranj and we decided to draw the town and the gorgeous scenery around us. The architecture astounds me, but what gets to me are the church bells. The sound of them while passing in the morning is the best.

We went to a non active member this week where we felt needed a visit. I had never met her but as soon as we did she began to cry I couldn't help but reach out to her and hug her. There is a lot of hardships here, a lot of tragic, dark things. I know this is anywhere you go in the world, but meeting with her just made me wish I could do so much more for these people. I bore testimony and told her of the good. The support and the light of this gospel. She began to suggest that she was only seeing darkness around her that if she went to church it would only be a few moments of clear sky and then back to fog. I began to tell the scripture story where the people were in a mist of darkness, they could not see any thing, but when they prayed and put their thoughts to the Savior the dark cleared and the light shone. I told her that it would not be for mere seconds but an ever lasting light. This gospel isn't temporally, it is infinite. It is a sun that is beaming for eternity. She was touched and I could tell she was gaining hope. There are tough things but I love what Elder Uchtdorf said about gratitude in the good times and the tough. That we must be thankful in all circumstances. That they are opportunities to have and see our great blessings. I am so thankful for the hardships, for the scraped up knees. Without them I would not be the person I am today. Without the gospel I would of never fully experience the love and light God has for us. That we do not have to wait for the rainbows to be grateful as Elder Uchtdorf said. But we can love the rain as well. We can love the stars but also love the dark that surrounds it for that is what makes those stars shine.

We can really make the best out of things, we can really find gratitude anywhere. Sometimes things get broken and we can get frustrated or mad but that will not make them whole and fixed again. We can use what we have and make something beautiful out of it that we can all enjoy together.

Thanks for being the beautiful you. I am a little short on time because today we woke up early to go to a castle and some caves that I felt like I was in Lord of the Rings the whole time. but I want you to know that I am very very very thankful for you and the time you have given me. It goes by in a blink and I wouldn't trade our time together for anything. Excited to hear from you next week. Much prayers to you with heaps of love.

Yours truly,
Sestra Cuthbert

Predjama Castle
Predjama Castle
Holly and her Sweet Companion


1 comment:

  1. Yes, Indeed just trust God and everything well be alright. God Bless!the family international

    ReplyDelete