Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 38 / Happy Easter People

Hello My Sunshines,

Happy Easter! Happy Beautiful Week of the Resurrection of Christ! I love you so much!

For Easter they paint, paint and paint eggs with red onion shells. It dyes the eggs really rad colors. Everyone does it, and everyone here is so giving that we received a lot of them this week. Deviled eggs here we come! For Easter the district gave beautiful talks on Sunday about Christ. We had our regular meetings and we got to go eat a little supper with the Senior Missionary Couple and then we went to go teach. We saw a man in a street and I told him Happy Easter. We kept walking down the street and up a winding road. The man again popped out of nowhere. I couldn't let him pass by again. I began to talk to him and bear my testimony of the Book of Mormon. Why it was my favorite book and the guide to life. That through it's pages front to back it was about Jesus Christ and that this book was now for him. He accepted it and we got his phone number. We ran a lot from one place to the other but it was fun to see the tiny miracles of Sunday. It was raining on Easter and it was very beautifully green. I got to be the Easter Bunny this year and hide eggs for the little kids. It's strange growing up and realizing how much our parents do for us. I can't wait to be one, but I can't wait to give a big hug to my parents and tell them thanks for all they do. We did some service at a non-active members house and we cut a lot of wood and I felt like a lumber jack. The Elders got to play with a Mulcher. They were having way too much fun with that. I love service, it's the best feeling in the world doing service for others.

This week we hung out with an American Family (who are members) a lot. They are this incredible family- that is staying a little bit in Slovenia for school. They are seriously the raddest people ever. They define missionary work by their whole lives. They need to be exalted....seriously.  They help us and are seriously helping Slovenija a lot. They asked us to join them to a world religion class to go and speak about our missionary work and the LDS church. That was a very cool experience and everyone was open and hearing about our church. The Branch President and the American Brat ("Brother" in Slovene) were amazing in explaining and answering the questions of our church. The spirit was present and we pretty much taught the Plan of Salvation. That was a great experience to get involved with students.

Today we are having a concert for Easter and I don't know what happened but I have to sing a solo. That will be hilarious. We will see how it goes. I feel like it's going to be great for our members and investigators coming and talking of Christ. They call it in Slovene ' the Big Night' for Easter. It is cool to look at and realize it was a big night. It was dark until Jesus came and brought the light of the world. I love my Savior. For all He has done for me. His way has been the only way I have felt whole, have felt peace in my life. I am so thankful to Him and want to follow Him in all I do. I want to be more like Him each day. I love Him and His light. I can't wait to fall at his feet and be in awe. We are so lucky to have this Good News about Jesus Christ - we will always have good news to have to share. I love you, I hope you have a wonderful week! You are at the cabin? right? That is great! I hope it's relaxing and gives you time to think of the life you have been given and the opportunity to become something more because of Him.

Love you,
Sestra Cuthbert


No comments:

Post a Comment