Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 43 / Language of Faith

Dear Family!

It is so good to hear from you! I hope everything is going well and that the plane ride wasn't too bumpy on the way home!

We have been working with an in-active member since I have been here in Ljubljana and she is such a sweet woman. I have felt so surely that we are going to get her back. She is one of the first members in Slovenija and has a lot of heartache in her life. We go over to her house and I feel the deepest connection of God's love for her and the light He offers. This last week we finally got her in contact with one of the members that she had been really good friends with and it had been 20 years since they had spoken. It was beautiful to see their embrace. The member was holding her as a mother would with their child. Tears were formed and great gratitude was expressed. I am so lucky to witness those kind of lovely miracles like that. We gave a lesson and talked about her coming back, that Heavenly Father wants her to come home. She said she needed time and we asked if we could help with anything to get her there. She explained no and the the lesson ended shortly after. I had been thinking that today was the day. I thought she was going to say yes. I tried to address her concerns and bear testimony but there was not much we could do. I walked out of her house stunned and a little shocked. Could I have done better? Could I have done more? I turned around and I told her "I am not giving up on you, you know. I love you so much, God loves you so much. I know that God wants to bless you I know that he wants what's best for you and I know that if you come back you will feel His arms surround you." She was tearing up, but still was saying she needed time. I understood, but I told her I wouldn't give up that I would come every Sunday if I had to. She laughed and everyone did, but the next day we went with the elderly missionary couple to her house for Sunday. We knocked on her door. No one was home and as we turned around I knew we were going to see her. She came in the drive way with her car seconds later. She was surprised to see us there. She said she had forgotten something and had to come back. I knew that God wanted this to happen. I knew that we would have success and even if she didn't come to church this Sunday. She will. This next Sunday or the next, or the next. She will. We had a beautiful prayer in the front of her house that the elderly couple gave and she cried, I know that she is ready, she just needs to know that too.

Sestra Brown and I have noticed we need to have the language of faith. It matters so much. If we don't believe in success, we won't get it. fI we don't believe we can help or bring someone back. We won't. We went to her house confident and we were walking with the Lord. I felt a lot of power, a lot of love. You feel as though you have this fire and you can do anything. We need to rely on the Lord's strengths, we need to understand we cannot do things alone. We may catch a few fish here and there, it will be good. But if you have the Lord in your labors you will catch many, overfilling the boat and it will be great. My heart is filled and my testimony is growing. I know that God is putting people in our path and we must talk to everyone and love everyone, not just with our love,  but love them with God's love because with that love they will feel it and they will recognize that sweetness from a long time a go. There is awakening tool to remember our sweet home above and that is God's love. They will feel the truth and know.

We were going to a lesson but it had fell through, so we sat on a bench to catch breath and take some water and a lady and her baby came by. The baby immediately came up to us and was trying to play with us. The mother stayed by her baby and was just beaming at us. We talked to her for a good 45 minutes and she showed us where she lived and hoped we would see each other again. She was really sweet and believed in God. I thought it was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father that we met such a wonderful woman. I joked with her about making her chocolate cake because this week I was making like a billion chocolate cakes for people and their birthdays. She agreed and now it looks like I will be baking more! But, it's oh so worth it! Thank you mommy for such a awesome recipe!

An investigator that we haven't really been able to get to set up with- called us up on Monday evening. She wanted to go to Family night with us. Which is a big step for her! We went to the Muirheads and as we were sitting down. Our teacher, Brat (brother in Slovene) Riley Duke from the MTC came in! It was so great to see him! He really helped our investigator feel comfortable and get to know everyone. It really left a good impression on her and she wants to meet again. I am so grateful for our teacher, for his example and words to us. He knows how to pump us up and get us ready to be our very best! Our investigator has been a little scared to go into churches and meeting the members but it is definitely changing and she is wanting to meet more with us now. She heard a prayer for the first time and you could tell she was affected by it. I am so grateful for the spirit and it's mighty effect of people.

The lessons have been going really well, I feel that I am getting better and better. I know I have a long way to go and I need to keep trying to be the best I can be. But I feel Heavenly Father's influence and it's been a blast. I am so glad to have such a sweet family who supports me. I love you all and pray for each of you individually- for your needs. Keep praying for success and His will- because that is the truest happiness, not our will, but his. So grateful for this opportunity to being a missionary. Love you all. Glad mom and dad had rad time! Best wishes to you all!

Love,

Sestra Cuthbert
Holly thought that this sunset was AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment