Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 77 / One More Week


Hey You Guys,

I was just thinking, and feeling- and my first thoughts for this morning are better said by Paul. May I share?

Romans 1:8 ''First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. 9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.''

And then my cool man, Jason Mraz can take it away with, ''People get ready, get ready. Cause here it comes, it's a light. A beautiful light, over the horizon. Into our eyes. Oh, my my how beautiful.'' That is what is jumbling and dancing in my head. Can you dig it?

How beautiful is this life? Next week I will be seeing you. I feel prepared, yet unprepared. I feel happy but yet sad. I feel love for the future and yet my heart wishes to stay. Whatever comes and what is to come is right and it is a beautiful light and it's heading our way. I do long to see you, and I do pray that you are all making your rounds of sharing your hearts with this world. I love you and am
getting ready to jump into your arms very soon.

We met with two of our English class students this past week. It was really great to see them again because they haven't been to English class in quite sometime because of work. We sat down and began to discuss about their beliefs and what they want to do with their lives. I thought it was so intriguing and reassuring that as they began to speak of their faith and how they turned away from it because they didn't like how things were flowing down the path they had trodden on they began to feel this emptiness, but the beauty to me is that one day as our district was singing outside on a Saturday morning this couple had passed by and had seen our sign for English class and Sister Dutton and I stopped them and invited them to come to our class. It is amazing to me that the Spirit touched their hearts and the flow of love began to fill the empty parts. It is inspiring to me that as they came to English class, as they stayed for spiritual thoughts their hearts began to beat again, and they began to feel again. The man told me this past week that out of all the places he has been, the faiths he has seen this is where he felt something that he has never felt in any other place. That he feels it is truer than anything he has seen yet. My jaw had dropped and I just kept thinking... This church is true... It's true.

This past week, we went to an old folks home and gave out flowers. I loved going up to people and handing them a flower and wishing them a happy day. I felt really happy to walk along the river and be with my dear friend who is admitted at the old folks home. It started to rain by the end of our giving and yet I could not stop smiling. I felt like my heart too was being filled.

We had my last zone conference this week. We got to watch, ''Meet the Mormons'' it was really beautiful and I would love to see it again with the family when I get back. At the end of this conference I had the oppurtunity to bare my testimony. It was a different kind of feeling... Getting up in front of everyone for the last time. I have learned a lot about love. I know I was already about that in the beginning but it is a little different now. Life moves in layers and just like the earth and it's layers and our skins and the atmosphere and skies. I have gathered layer upon layer of love that has built more understanding, more gratitude for the love that our Savior Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father has for us. I have realized that giving is getting and there is so many ways we can be giving back our love to our Heavenly Father. The true thing is we need to be emptying our hearts everyday. That is the point and I will keep doing that for the rest of my life.



I have run into all sorts of people this week. We have been tracting like mad men and I have found a real love for this work and the message we have as missionaries. We are doing the greatest work in the world. I am grateful and humbled that I could serve. I believe that once we as little kids dressing up as super heroes we were not too far off of who we truly were and are. We believed we could conquer the world, we could learn how to fly, we could save someone's life. I want that kid mentality again, because it was so true. It is true. Do we realize what strength we already possess? What lies within ourselves? Children are the ones we should be watching and learning from. They teach us that we can believe that the seemingly impossible is possible. I yearn to believe in that, to be a child in God's eyes and see my life as He does.

I love the people here, I love all that it is and all that it will be in Slovenija. I know the church will keep growing. That the people here in Slovenija are true pioneers, that we have such strong members and people serving the Lord here. I hope to always be a part of this work in Slovenija and different parts of the world. For Slovenija has taken my heart. This Gospel has really made me whole. It has filled the empty spaces and the parts that I didn't think could be. The Gospel has become a telescope and helps me to see the deeper and real picture of what life is really about.

I love you all. Good luck this week and may God bless you in your talents to serve others around you. Do what others think are impossible!

Love,
Sister Cuthbert



No comments:

Post a Comment